The journey of transformation and support for sexually exploited and trafficked women and youth in Saskatchewan.
Another step. Hope Restored Canada marks another year in the journey of transformation and support for sexually exploited and trafficked women and youth in Saskatchewan.
As we look back on 2021 in our Annual Report, we are honoured and grateful to share about the growth, milestones, and lessons this past year held for HRC.
Reflecting on the year, Gwen Dueck, Chair of HRC’s Board of Directors, shares “What have we learned? That our staff and the program participants they serve are resilient. We celebrate the successes that program participants have experienced and acknowledge the extraordinary care and compassion of our staff in creating those opportunities for success.”
“I’m realizing I’m worth it”
“It gets a lot better if you open up and do what needs to be done to heal”
“This place lives up to its name. It really is Hope Restored”Various Participants
In 2021 HRC was proud to celebrate two participants as they graduated from the program. Overall, we supported 12 individuals with emergency assistance, and offered healing programming and safe housing to 11 residents and two children.
Other major highlights of 2021 include:
- PAF research tri-provincial project looking at human trafficking, the intersectionality of colonization and gaps in services
- Creating the Coming Home report for the City of Saskatoon as a response to the Calls for Justice arising from the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Girls/Women and Two-Spirit Individuals
- Speaking engagements/conferences held online to continue education
- Increasing our staff team to include 24/7 programming supports
- Celebrating with 2 participants as they graduated from program
- Participants surpassing personal goals of sobriety
- Enjoying a wonderful Christmas with our participants
We invite you to read through our Annual Report to hear from the Board, our Executive Director, and participants both in what 2021 has held for HRC and also our vision for the next steps. We recognize with deep gratitude the support of our Staff, volunteers, partners, funders, and donors- thank you!